ASME rated. Models L100XL and LL100XL are self-closing T&P Relief Valves for Water Heaters up to 100,000 BTU/Hr.
ASME rated. Models SL100XL and LLL100XL are self-closing T&Relief Valves for Water Heaters up to 105,000 BTU/Hr.
Watts No. SL100XL, L100XL , LL100XL and LLL100XL have extended inlet shanks for use with the new generation of water heaters containing extra thick insulation. These valves eliminate the use of an extension nipple required with standard shank length models.
The combined 2-in-1 Temperature & Pressure relief valve provides the least expensive and proven means for protection against both excessive temperature and pressure emergency conditions.
Watts Self-closing combination T&P relief valves are design certified and listed by CSA and ASME.
They provide fully automatic temperature and pressure relief protection for hot water storage tanks and heaters up to 100,000 BTU/Hr. (L100XL, LL100XL) or 105,000 BTU/Hr. (SL100XL, LL100XL). The temperature sensing element must be immersed in the water within the top 6" (152mm) of the tank. Male inlet and female outlet. Temperature relief 210°F (99°C). Standard setting 75, 100, 125, 150 psi (5.27, 7.03, 8.79, 10.55 bar).
Temperature & Pressure Relief Valves
Each hot water storage heater shall be equipped with a CSA and ASME rated automatic temperature and pressure relief valve to protect the heater from excessive pressure and excessive temperature. The device shall be ANSI Z21.22 certified. The BTU discharge capacity of the device shall be in excess of the BTU input rating of the heater. Watts Regulator Company No. SL100XL, L100XL , LL100XL or LLL100XL.
- No. SL100XL Extended inlet model for installations with thick insulation. Suitable for water heaters with up to 1 ¼" (44.5mm) of insulation. (105,000 BTU)
- No. L100XL Extended inlet model for installations with thick insulation. Suitable for water heaters with up to 2" (50.8mm) of insulation. (100,000 BTU)
- No. LL100XL Extra extended inlet model. Suitable for water heaters with up to 2 ½" (63.5mm) of insulation. (100,000 BTU)
- No. LLL100XL Extra extended inlet model. Suitable for water heaters with up to 3" (76mm) of insulation. (105,000 BTU)
- Thermostats with special protective coating.
- All bronze body.
- Stainless steel spring.
- Thermostat is accurate and proven. Exclusively designed and manufactured by Watts.
Following installation, The valve lever MUST be operated AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR by the hot water tank owner to insure that the water-ways are clear. Certain naturally occurring mineral deposits may adhere to the valve, rendering it inoperative. When manually operating the lever, water will discharge and precautions must be taken to avoid contact with hot water and to avoid water damage. BEFORE operating lever, check to see that a discharge line is connected to this valve directing the flow of hot water from the valve to a proper place of disposal otherwise personal injury may result. If no water flows, valve is inoperative. TURN OFF THE WATER HEATER AND CALL A PLUMBER IMMEDIATELY.
This device is designed for emergency safety relief and shall not be used as an operating control.